The process of Canada Student Visa
We at Globizz provide you a few steps of the process of getting a Student Visa for Canada:
Step 1: Apply for Admission to College/University
You must first obtain a letter of acceptance (offer letter) from a recognized education provider. You must acquire this before you apply for a study visa. You will find around 42 SPP colleges/universities in Canada offering a wide range of courses and great facilities. The best way to find a right education provider is to conduct research on the best colleges/universities in Canada offering relevant courses and shortlist a few of them.
Afterward, browse the website of shortlisted colleges and decide with one that you find suitable in terms of education quality, ranking, course structure, course fee and other facilities for international students.
Then complete the application to the institution of your choice. While applying for admission, you need to submit a few documents, including proof of your previous academic qualifications, passport copy, and proof of your English language ability. Wait until your offer letter is received.
Step 2: Pay Tuition Fee
After accepting your offer from your education provider, you must pay the tuition fee as mentioned in the offer letter. This payment is made by International Wire Transfer. Once the institutions have received and processed your tuition fee payment, they will issue you with receipt. This receipt will be needed to lodge your visa application.
Step 3: Purchase of GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate)
It is mandatory for the students to purchase a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Nova Scotia bank for the amount of $10,200 CAD accommodating the first year living expenses. First, $200 is paid as administrative charges of Nova Scotia Bank. Student gets $2000 immediately after arriving in Canada. Next $8000 is given to the students in 12 equal installments as living expenses for every month. It is a nonredeemable investment.
Step 4: Undertake Medicals
Now you will need to undertake a medical examination by one of the doctors approved by the Canadian Government. You will find a list of the approved panel by visiting:
(http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx) You will be provided with a receipt for the medicals, which you will need to submit at the time of lodging your visa application. The medical report will automatically be transferred to the visa office.
Step 5: Visa Lodgment
To lodge your visa application you will need to provide the documents as per SPP Checklist:
- Visa Application Form
- Original valid passport as well as the photocopy of the Biodata page
- Family information form.
- Letter of Acceptance from SPP Educational Institute in Canada
- Use of Representative Form (IMM 5476)
- Proof of English Proficiency Test
- Academic Documents
- Receipt of Payment of Tuition fee
- Evidence of GIC purchase
- Student Questionnaire
- Medical, etc.
Step 6: Visa Outcome
You will get to know the outcome of your application for the student visa for Canada once you receive your passport.
Here is how Globizz helps you:
- We provide you a FREE Counseling session (Telephonic/In-person) to help you choose a right education provider and relevant course to study in Canada.
- We help you apply to the chosen college and we take the responsibility of doing all the hard work of tracking the applications by staying in touch with the institution, on your behalf.
- We help you go through your fee payment and purchase of GIC.
- Just like your admission application, Globizz helps you lodge your visa file. We will keep you updated on the progress of your application
- We will notify you as soon as we get to know the outcome of your application for your Canada Student Visa and you can then collect your passport.
- Proof of English Proficiency Test
- At Globizz, we can help you organize your travel arrangements to begin your new student life in Canada. Air ticketing, insurance, and foreign exchange can all be arranged through us to make studying overseas easier and a once-in-a-life experience!
Remember, all our services are free of charge!