Latest Student Visa Rules for Canada-Study direct stream (SDS) Program
Study Direct Stream (SDS) – Finally, in Canada, the Student Direct Stream (SDS) is launched for the students of India, China, Vietnam & Phillippines. The Student Direct Stream (SDS) Program is a substitute of SPP system for the Indian students and it is made to boost up the study visa processing, students under SDS will now have more choices of courses & college selection.
The SDS Program mainly cooperates with the Scotia bank, one of the leading Canadian monetary organization. Scotia bank will also provide qualified students with an opportunity to buy a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10000, which will cover up the one-year expenses of the student and also fulfil the requirement of SDS program.
Now, all the Canadian Colleges and Institutes with registered DLI Number are under the SDS visa programme. This will fasten up the Study Visa permit process of Canada for the Indian Students.
the numbers of Indian student visa applicants for Canada are increasing rapidly every year. Many bright students didn’t get a chance to join the best Universities and Colleges of Canada because of the less number of seat in particular courses.
The majority of Indian students wanted to study under SPP colleges which were only 47 and seats were also very limited.
SDS is launched on a purpose of providing good quality of education to the most deserving and eligible students. The study direct Stream program will fasten up the visa processing time for the study visa applicants in India
Also Read: Study Visa Consultant in Chandigarh
Change of study visa rules under SDS
The most important change that will take place due to SDS visa system is that the numbers of IELTS band score will be increasing from 5.5 each to 6.0 each for both postgraduate and undergraduate courses.
It has been seen many times that Canadian SPP Colleges have received the visa applications of the students over their capacity in recent past intakes.
Turnaround period for the offer letter has also increased from 2 weeks to 6-8 weeks. The main cause for the implementation of SDS visa system is that there were only 47 SPP Colleges in Canada and most of the Indian students prefer to study at one of them.
Not only for excellent education but also for smooth visa processing and optimistic visa results. Now, under SDS visa program almost all the colleges and Institutes with registered DLI number comes under the SDS visa, this will give a lot of choices to the Indian students. Here is the latest list of SDS colleges in Canada.
Features and Rules of SDS program Canada for India
As per the new rules, SDS program has some special conditions and rules for the Indian Students which are as follows:
- Now, the minimum requirement of the IELTS band is 6 in each module.
- A requirement of candid medical examination at least before 1 week of the application submission.
- SDS program is launched with the help of the Scotia bank.
- Study direct streamline has fastened up the process of study visa for Indian Students.
- Systematically visa processing for all SDS colleges & institutions.
- 1-year payment receipt of the tuition fees must be shown by the students.
- Less Documentation process is needed under the SDS program.
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10000 from Scotia bank must be bought, it will cover all the living expenses of the student for one year.
- SDS program of CIC will act as an alternative of SPP in India.
Also Read: Canada Study Visa Consultant in Chandigarh
SDS Visa Processing & Requirments for Indian Students
As per the Govt of Canada, there have been some changes in the requirements and visa processing under the SDS programme.
So, the following are the SDS visa processing and Requirments for Indian Students:
- Minimum IELTS Score for SDS Visa must be 6 bands in each module for UG & PG courses.
- Full tuition fees for the first year should be paid in an advance.
- College and Institutions must have a registered Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) number.
- A Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10000 will be mandatory to buy.
Documents Required for SDS visa application
You must include these documents with your application:
- Copy of your acceptance letter from a designated learning institution
- Copy of your upfront medical exam confirmation document
- Proof that you have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000
- Proof that you’ve paid the tuition fees for your first year of study
- Proof that you graduated from a Canadian curriculum high school or a language test form showing a score of at least 6 for English (IELTS).
SDS visa program guidance
As a leading study Visa Consultants in Chandigarh, Globizz Overseas is here to guide you all the steps and documentation process of SDS programme.
Students are advised not to panic, but seek visa guidance from the Authorized certified study visa consultants like Globizz Overseas. Do not get fooled with wrong information by unauthorized consultants.
Advantages of Student Direct Stream (SDS) Program
- Smoother visa process for all SDS entitled institutions.
- Less monetary documentation.
- Faster visa processing time.
According to Ambassador John Holmes of Canada:
There are many advantages to studying in Canada, including world-class institutions, lower costs and a safe and healthy environment for students.
Under SDS visa program, the student will get more choice of universities and Institutions, earlier there were only 47 SPP colleges and others were private Institutes. Now all of the major colleges/institutes are under the SDS visa Category, it means more choices and faster chances of Study Visa.
Free Guidance by Globizz Overseas
Team Globizz is always for your help and support.
If your application is complete, we can start reviewing it right away.
If your application meets the regular study permit criteria but not the Student Direct Stream criteria, we’ll review your application as a regular study permit.
Our team have already assisted 10000+ applicants successfully. You can also put your query in our contact form or you can also live chat with our experienced study visa Consultants.
Contact us for free counseling and SDS Visa Counselling.
Mobile/Whatsapp: +9198155 19600
Globizz Overseas Consultants
SCO: 104,105,106,1st Floor, Sector: 34 A, Chandigarh-160022, INDIA
Contact: 0172 5019317, 5079517, 5270216, 9815519600